Applications for Weiser scholarships for 2019/2020 on University of Michigan, USA, are open until September 15, 2019.
Scholarship for short study/research visits from 4 weeks to 3 months includes round-trip airfare, housing, health insurance, and a modest per diem.
Academic staff, with the academic degree of PhD, at least, can apply for this scholarship, if they are full time employees at one of the Universities in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Weiser Centre will allocate 5 to 7 scholarships for a trip to Ann Arbor in the period from February to April 2019 or in the period from September to November 2019. Applicants are invited to propose projects in any field of research or teaching with a faculty partner at the University of Michigan. Candidates must have excellent oral and written English language skills; proficiency will be verified.
The aim of the programme is to create a global network of future leaders dedicated to improving the lives of other people.
Application includes these documents:
- A completed application form (the form can be found on the page)
- A copy of your doctoral diploma or highest professional degree
- A copy of passport – page with the photo
- A two-page personal statement describing: a) the research or collaborative project you plan to pursue at the University of Michigan, and b) how this opportunity will benefit your home institution
- An invitation from the University of Michigan school, department, and/or faculty partner with whom the research will be conducted; email invitation is acceptable. More about faculties and fields of study at University of Michigan can be found on https://umich.edu./
(The process for applying to work with U-M Law School faculty has changed; please carefully review the FAQs for details https://ii.umich.edu/wcee/visiting-fellows/faqs.html.)
- Letter of recommendation from the rector or dean of your institution
- A copy of your TOEFL score report (if you have taken the exam in the last three years)
- Consent to participate in interview via telephone or Skype.
For more information check https://ii.umich.edu/wcee/visiting-fellows.html